Monday, November 12, 2012

I DID it! The Bangalore Ultra 2012 12.5k race recap

Yes, my lovlies! Thanks to everything that worked me up till the moment that said: Go! I just ran and ran and ran, had the awesomest run of my life and was on an adrenalin high all day long.

This is me at the finish line:

12.5 k done! medal and all.


I think I must have taken around 2 hours. The speed is pretty pathetic. But still, I did it!

The loop was 6.25 k out and back. I ran the 6.25 k out without any walking break/water break. At 6.25 aid station, I gulped own some water and a bit of electrolyte and continued running until 8.5k mark. After that I must have taken about 3 walking breaks for about 100 metres each. I simply kept running, and am happy that I actually ran almost all of the distance. People much thinner than me took walking breaks far earlier on. But my main aim was to keep running and my focus was not exactly on the time. So once I found my pace I kept at it.

The run itself was a trail run and the elevation was pretty good. The event was very well organised, and I felt kicked to be a part of it. Running among so many other runners was also a new experience to me considering that I did the KTM 10k all alone! The cheering on, the photographers and the general act of running was enough to make even a non runner want to try  to run! I don't think words can actually express the elation I feel for having been able to do it.

Ofcourse, nothing can be accomplished without support. The Scientist is almost solely responsible for having got me to run. I would have scoffed at someone if they told me I'd ever do something like this in my life. Honestly! But the nice husband that he is, was up early so that we could get to the venue on time. We were also joined by BIL no.2 for additional support :) It feels so good to see those known faces at the finish line. Especially for me, running is not a natural thing. I invest a lot of hard work into it. And any appreciation is so valued. So when those two guys waited two hours patiently till I finished the event and were so sweet to capture those moments, I had to feel so lucky!

I will share more pictures soon. I suspect that since I ran with the group and well on time, the official photographs may also give some nice captures. I also look forward to the official timing and my relative placement. Yes, I will share.

But right now, I think I will go eat a laddoo! :)
 
Thanks guys for all the support and wishes. I really appreciate it.

16 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!! good going!! waiting for more pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gr8 job done Sugar... waiting to see the pics...u look too good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hoping for more pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Dear Sugar, looking cool,and almost skinny, girlie! You are not at all fat! Carry on....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all!!!

    Shehnaz, far from skinny babe!i might have to send you some pics privately :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy for you Sugar. Your will power is hard like steel... Keep going..I know how hard is to achieve this milestone for a career woman like you ,with a kid to take care. It is no small stuff. You are an inspiration for people like me. All the best for your continuous weight loss and more importantly maintaining it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks for the encouraging words, gowri! Its not as hard as it seems :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    4. Really ??? I am not getting even 30 minutes time for my gym being a full time housewife, with this active naughty 9 month old sonny boy, currently only conscious on my diet, in 2 weeks time things will settle down and I will have a timetable in place for my gym..

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pic and love that smile on your face !! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Sugar !!this is awesome :):) I am very happy and proud of u!! u look great and on a runners high!! well done!!! enjoy that laddoo without any guilt :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks guys :) you know your sweet words send me spiralling into the sky! honestly when I watched people do the 25k, I thought my own run was a bit insignificant. Anyway - I've got miles to go - both literally & metaphorically!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay!!! this is awesome Sugar:):) I am very happy and proud of u... good going!! enjoy that laddoo without any guilt! Ur an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!