Friday, March 2, 2012

March Musings - Goals and two links


This morning was a typical Friday. Thanks to a wailing toddler last night, for seemingly no reason at all, we could not go to bed till 11 p.m. My alarm when off at 5.10 in the morning. I set it that way because it does not feel like I wake up at 5 a.m, which I think is too early. Anyway so I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. I woke up half hour later, worried that I had over slept. Even though my gym clothes were laid out, I momentarily wondered if I should just skip the gym. However, I hauled myself out of bed, and fought that trace of laziness. By 6.15 I was on the elliptical. Today was cardio day. Also, there was a board outside the gym that said that gym would be closed tomorrow. Thank goodness I made it today. But guess who is sad about missing dance aerobics group class tomorrow?

As is routine I weighed myself to see 79.8. My weight loss has really slowed down after joining the gym in January. Over the last few days I have been feeling overly exhausted. On the food front, I think I have been having enough protein and carbohydrates. But why the exhaustion?

I give to you two links highlighting the importance of water and sleep in weight loss.



While I do drink about 2 litres of water in a day, it is possible that it is not sufficient for my body, given that I do pretty intense work outs, and also that summer seems to have arrived on full volume in Bangalore. Also while I could be a complete sleepy joe, I have been cutting back sleep to about 6 -6 1/2 hours every day. That’s the only way I manage to fit in baby time, cooking time, family time, gym time & blogging time. I should possibly cut myself a little slack, and organize time a little better perhaps?

So, here are my March goals:

1.    Increase water/fluid intake ; include buttermilk, tender coconut water and plenty of plain simple H2O.
2.    Structured work outs restricted to 5 days a week – include yoga and/ or pilates in addition to dance aerobics & continue strength training so that I will enough sleep on days I don't work out.
3.    Maintain food, weight, water & exercise journal. I have begun to enjoy this actually.
4.    Not gain weight during the family vacation planned during the third week of March. Yes we are going on vacation. Remember I had made it a 2012 goal?

So that’s it. Lets get to work!!!!

4 comments:

  1. There is a very important role of rest in your training regime.See my weight hovers between 68-70 and i train for marathons and football but i train only 4-5 days a week resting a lot.A good sleep and rest also helps in weight loss.All the best keep the fight on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals. It is so important to drink enough water and stay hydrated. It really helps control our appetites. You will do great on the upcoming vacation - you are already planning for success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really hope so... sometimes when i see food i go weak in my knees!!! plus the vacation discipline is yet to be mastered by me!

    ReplyDelete

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!